The ARS Scholarship Fund was established in 1983 to support students interested in pursuing educational studies that would benefit their local community after graduation. Over the years, the Fund has grown through general donations and wills. The ARS Scholarship Fund includes the “Eremian”, “Jizmajian”, “Baghdoyan”, “Baloonian”, and “Kalaydjian” funds.
The ARS Scholarship Fund provides financial assistance to students of Armenian descent based on academic achievement, need, their involvement in the Armenian community, and the selected major. Since the beginning, the ARS has provided over $700,000USD in scholarships to more than 470 students.
Scholarships are awarded based on merit, need, and Armenian community involvement. Applicants must be accepted as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited college or university.
Applicants to the ARS Scholarship Fund must submit their applications to their local ARS entities. For more information, click HERE to find the address and contact info of your local ARS office.
The ARS Scholarship Fund Committee considers the applications of the students who fulfill the following requirements:
– They must be full-time students at an accredited 4-year college or university, in their country of residence or elsewhere; every student can receive the ARS Scholarship up to three times, by applying separately for each academic year.
– They must fulfill the prerequisites set by the ARS entity in their region.
– Currently, they are not recipients of a scholarship from any ARS entity in their region.
– Applications and requested enclosures must be in Armenian or English; any other language is not acceptable. Documents in other languages must have their official translations into English or Armenian attached.
– We are Accepting Applications for 2017, All applications must be submitted through local ARS Entity.