The Armenian Relief Society, Inc. Central Executive Board (ARS, Inc. CEB) is the permanent organ of liaison and coordination among the ARS Regions and at-large Chapters; it also assists them in their organizational activities.
The ARS, Inc. CEB is elected for a four year term during the Society’s International Convention. In keeping with its international status and scope of activities, the Armenian Relief Society, Inc. tries, within its present structural periphery, to have as wide a geographical representation on its Central Executive Board as possible.
The International Convention, which convenes once every four years, is the general assembly of all ARS entities that participate by sending duly elected delegates.
The International Convention is the highest deliberative, legislative and policy-making body of the Armenian Relief Society; as such, it:
– Receives, examines and evaluates the reports of the Central Executive Board,
– Determines guidelines and formulates programs of international nature,
– Prepares and approves the quadrennial budget, and
– Elects the new Central Executive Board
The ARS 71-st International Convention, held in Yerevan, Armenia in October 2015 elected the following ARS members to the Board:
- Caroline Chamavonian (USA ER), Chairperson
- Dr. Nyree Derderian Ph.D. (USA WR), Vice-Chairperson
- Rita Hintlian (USA WR), Secretary
- Silva Takvorian Kouyoumdjian (USA ER), Treasurer
- Sona Akellian (USA ER)
- Maral Matossian (USA WR)
- Varsenig Sarkissian (Canada)
- Anna Mardikian- Der Hagopian (Syria)
- Nelly Vekilian (Lebanon)
- Lisa Avakian (Europe)
- Alesya Bejanyan (Armenia)